Sweet Baby Caralynn

Sweet Baby Caralynn

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How many do I need?

First things first... how often do you want to wash laundry?

Second- it depends on what style of diapers you're going with. Don't forget with prefolds and such you just need a few covers and then lots of prefolds. For example 6 covers and 30 prefolds will be good for every other day washing. Now when you use a AIO, AI2, or pocket- it's a one time use until wash day.

So here's the "about" what you need. now for prefolds just think of it as the number of prefolds you need, not diapers. You need to change your cover every 4 - 6 diaper changes. Unless of course it gets dirty, then you need to change it then too.

Wash   Newborn to 6 mths  6 mths to 12 mths  12 mths to 24 mths  P.Training
Daily:                 10 - 12                  8 - 10                    6 - 8                     2 - 4
2 Days:              20 - 24                16 - 20                  12 - 16                  6 - 8
3 Days:              30 - 36                24 - 30                  18 - 24                  6 - 12

As soon as my diapers arrive in the mail, I will have enough to wash every 3 days- which will be nice for me with 3 kids! I'm going to be busy and I'm so glad I learned how many I should have to go in between diapers!...
And remember! If you baby gets sick and it's laundry day... you're gonna need those diapers ASAP! So my 3 day stash will get washed every other day to make sure I have enough on hand for anything that comes up. I can't wait to get ALL those diapers in!
 Here's my current stash!
4 inserts for the 4 Smartipants on the left. Middle is a WAHM tinkerbell AIO and a OS bumGenius 4.0 artist series (in Eiffel Tower). Right is 5 AI2 Dream-Eze. Bottom are my 2 wet bags in medium from Kushies. Missing from the picture is a white pocket and another brown Dream-Eze  which I used in a photo shoot for a new born.
I've been very lucky with these diapers that I currently have! A great friend back home gave me the smartipants and wetbags and another great friend (who very first showed me CDs) picked up a great deal for $25 on craigslist of the 6 dream-eze, 1 white pocket, and the WAHM tinkerbell! And the beautiful BG Eiffel Tower she got me as a thank you for watching her cute pup while she went on a trip!
I'm suppose to be receiving my first order from Nell's today with the prefold package! I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment